Welcome back to the International Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT! A lot has changed this year, some for the better and some for the worse.
Since it’s time for the Fall Festival at EPCOT, keep in mind it’s a very hot and sunny July. Disney has moved up the dates this year to give everyone more time in the festival, which feels weird as many of these dishes are designed for cooler times. Since I’m reviewing them in the heat, their ratings may change score in for those of us who get to come in the ‘true’ Florida Fall.
Quick Reminder, Disney uses ” Friendly” because they don’t take cross contact, may contain or shared equipment into account. There are new allergy procedures this year to help identify allergy items too!
Enjoy the festival from July 14 through November 19! Some booths open later than others- like the Noodle Exchange. Times are generally from 11 am to park close.
***As Always, please speak to a qualified restaurant employee when ordering food. In order to see the most accurate ingredients and risk assessment, you will need to confirm allergy safety in real-time. This is my personal experience, I am not employed or endorsed by companies or brands mentioned.***
Quick Ordering Tips for Gluten Free Safety at the Food and Wine Festival
If you’re not familiar, Food and Wine has changed the procedures this year (in a good way!) See the updated procedures here.
I like to declare my allergen, ask about the modifications, tell the Cast Member who takes my receipt for the order, and then confirm the modifications there + watch to make sure my food is fresh with a glove change (two exceptions, both Brazil and Spain are totally gluten friendly)
How to use this blog post:
We’re going to be following along with the official Food And Wine Festival Book straight from EPCOT (but I’m not endorsed by Disney in any way!)
If you don’t have this book in hand, take some notes, bookmark this page, and come back to it when you are ready to tackle the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival!
I use the term “Top 8 Friendly” which covers the top 8 food allergens. Dairy, Soy, Wheat (Disney includes Gluten) Egg, Peanut, Treenut (sometimes Disney excludes Coconut), Fish and Shellfish.
Remember to always declare your needs with Disney staff.
➡️ This post will be updated as the more booths open and menu offerings change
To see the full line up of offerings, including items that aren’t Gluten Friendly, head over to Disney World’s Food and Wine Guide
Food Allergy Options at EPCOT’s Food and Wine Festival
This is in order of the festival guide book. Favorites this year are the Fry Basket Booth, Spain and Brazil!
Earth Eats (Plant based booth)
Impossible Burger & Meatballs contain Soy and Treenuts. Sesame used in booth & on Buns (which can be removed). No Dairy, Egg, Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts currently Gluten/Wheat free.
- Impossible Burger Sliders without the bun
- Impossible Meatballs (currently housemade and GF- always confirm they dont use the premade meatballs which contain gluten)
Thanks to Gina at GlutenFreeGina for finding out this was Gluten Free and Plant Based!
Australia (Near Port of Entry)
- Grilled Sweet-and-Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with pineapple, pepper, onion, and snap peas (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly). No Modifications- contains Shrimp
- Roasted Lamb Chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly). Pesto Contains Nuts. Get it modified with no topping to be top 8 friendly.
- Note: Served in the same booth as cake.
- Modified Poutine- Contains Dairy, Soy. Remove Gravy to be Gluten Free.
We went back when the line was shorter and grabbed the Traditional Poutine minus the gravy. The Beef Gravy has wheat in it, so we got fries, cheese and seasoned scoops. We ditched the flavored scoops and the husband enjoyed some hard cheese with fries.
- Creme Brulee Vanille a la Confiture de Framboises contains Dairy and Egg.
Quick note, I think because of the temps outside, the creme brulee was warm. Several people noted this. I’d recommend getting this in the evening or when the weather is cooler.
Brazil (Between France and Morocco)
- Pão de Queijo: Brazilian cheese bread (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (Emile’s Fromage Montage). Contains Dairy and Egg.
- Feijoda: Black Beans with Crispy Pork Belly, Brazil nut pesto, and Ben’s Original Long Grain White Rice (not labeled GF, but chef says it is) no Gluten (will update other allergen details this week)
Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina (Morocco)
- Grilled Chermoula Chicken or Moroccan-spiced Lamb Kebabs with carrot-chickpea salad and garlic aïoli (not labeled, but in the past it was GF)
Greece (Near Morocco)
- Griddled Cheese with pistachios and honey (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (another returning fan favorite) Contains Dairy and Treenuts (CC warning for Peanuts)
Spain (Between Italy and Germany)
note: booth is entirely gluten friendly, Nut friendly, egg friendly.
- Charcuterie with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses, Olives, and an Herbed Vinaigrette (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) Contains Dairy.
- Paella with Rice, Chorizo, and Shrimp (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) Contains Shellfish.
- Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar, and Smoked Paprika (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) Contains Shellfish.
- Dole Whip Watermelon contains coconut.
Kenya (Near Refreshment Outpost)
- Kenyan Coffee Barbecued Beef Tenderloin with sweet potato and corn mealie pap and kachumbari slaw (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly). Modified to remove the sweet potato and sauce, it is top 8 friendly.
Can accommodate Gluten, Egg, Dairy, Nuts, Fish/Shellfish at this booth. Soy used. Gluten, Dairy and Eggs in Booth.
- Taco al Pastor: Seared Pork Belly Pastor on a Corn Tortilla with Chipotle Black Beans, Pineapple, Pickled Onions, and Chives
- Tostada de Barbacoa: Barbacoa Beef on a Fried Corn tortilla with Chipotle Black Beans, Salsa Verde, Mexican Crema, Queso Fresco, and Chives
- Capirotada de Chocolate (not gluten free)
The Swanky Saucy Swine (Near Disney Traders)
- Crispy Barbecued Pork Rinds with pimento cheese (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (Emile’s Fromage Montage)
- Grilled Pork Shoulder Lettuce Wrap with charred corn salsa, pickled red onion, and cilantro-lime crema (New) (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
See Gina’s Review below!
The Noodle Exchange (Near Disney Traders; opening Aug. 11)
Info to follow after opening!
- Traditional Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho with shaved beef, mushrooms, and Thai basil (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Chinese Char Siu Pork Udon with mushrooms, bok choy, and soy pickled egg
- Thai Shrimp and Coconut-Curry Rice Noodles with shiitake mushrooms and Thai basil (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Tofu Pho with mushrooms and Thai basil (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (Plant-based)
Brew-Wing at the Odyssey (Opened early)
- Garlic-Parmesan Wings with celery and ranch (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Traditional Buffalo Wings with celery and ranch (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
Both Wings contain Dairy and Soy. There is a new Peanut Sauce this year, making the entire area contaminated according to the Chef. Fish/Shellfish free.
The Fry Basket (Near Test Track presented by Chevrolet)
- Adobo Yuca Fries with garlic-cilantro aïoli (New) (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (Plant-based)
These Fries Contain Soy, cannot be modified! They do not have Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Fish or Shellfish. There are nuts in the booth- not recommend for severe allergies.
- Note: Fry Flight can be modified gluten friendly. You will need to have the malt vinegar fries plain, and remove the whisky sauce from the sweet potato fries. To make Dairy Free, remove the Marshmellow Cream. Pecans are on the Sweet Potato Fries, which can be modified. Risk of Cross Contact.
- Salty Dog Cocktail is made with potato vodka!
Thats a wrap on Food Allergy Friendly Food and Wine at EPCOT!
If you find anymore yummy treats, comment below or reach out on socials. Taking Special Requests too!
✨Follow Along on Social for Short Form Video Updates-
✨Connect on Instagram ✨ Follow on Tiktok ✨ Subscribe on Youtube
1 thought on “Food Allergy Options at EPCOT’s Food and Wine Festival 2022”
Looking forward to the updates- especially trying to avoid dairy nuts and sesame here! Thanks for your work