Not sure whose having more fun documenting these Allergy Friendly and Plant Based cupcakes… me or the Disney Culinary Staff who comes up with the ideas!
We’re back with the latest update, a Springtime design.
Since Halloween of 2022, we’ve seen 6 monthly makeovers for the Allergy and Gluten Friendly Cupcake at several resorts. So far we’ve gotten a Halloween Theme, a Fall Theme, a Winter Wonderland Theme, a Valentines Day option and a St. Patricks Day. It’s quickly becoming my favorite gluten free and allergy friendly cupcake on property (as my family has multiple food allergies, it’s hard to find one that covers them all!)
***As Always, please speak to a qualified restaurant employee when ordering food. In order to see the most accurate ingredients and risk assessment, you will need to confirm allergy safety in real-time. This is my personal experience, I am not employed or endorsed by companies or brands mentioned.***
Spring (Plant-Based) Fling
Officially it’s labeled as Plant Based, though the recent Disney Foodie guide did list it as Gluten Friendly. This is actually friendly for most allergens using a brand we all know and trust.
This is Top 9 friendly. There’s no Wheat/Gluten, Dairy/Milk, Soy, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nut, Sesame, Fish or Shellfish.
Always happy to include the tip that this can sometimes be dry if its a few days old. It should be soft and not dry. If it tastes ‘old’ and kinda crusty, go ask for a fresher replacement.
This cupcake was three days old (this was the last ‘best buy’ date) and it was like a brick. Had it been my only treat I would have asked the Cast Members at the Register for a replacement (but since it was 8 in the morning I swiped the icing and called it a day!)
Note the picture at how DENSE it is, when it should be lighter and fluffier.
The flavor is very chocolatey/banana as banana is used in the cake base. The icing on top is very soft and light, a perfect dairy free buttercream dupe!
Here’s the Ingredients… It’s made with Namaste Allergy Cupcake Blend and some other plant based and allergy friendly ingredients.
Here’s where you can find this cupcake!
All of these cupcakes are found in the Quick Serve locations. No Reservation required. You also don’t need a park ticket to visit the Resorts. I’ve include transportation info so you can head to the closest resort.
- Price: 5.99
- Quick Rank: 5/5
- Allergens: Corn
- Worth it: Yes
- Locations: Resorts, not the Parks
- Alternatives: Erin Mckenna’s, Contemporary Cupcake
- Notes: If it’s dry, ask for another one!
- My Lucky (plant based) Clover Cupcake with buttercream and sprinkles (New) (Plant-based Item) (Wheat/ Gluten Friendly); Available at the following:
- World Premiere Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Intermission Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- End Zone Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Landscape of Flavors at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Centertown Market at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Spyglass Grill at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Riverside Mill Food Court at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Everything POP Shopping & Dining at Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Here’s How to get to each Location
-All Star Resorts (Sports, Music and Movies). Travel by your personal vehicle, or catch a Bus from the Parks and Disney Springs.
-Art of Animation Travel by your personal vehicle, Skyliner from EPCOT or Hollywood Studios, or catch a Bus from the Parks and Disney Springs.
-POP Century Travel by your personal vehicle, Skyliner from EPCOT or Hollywood Studios, or catch a Bus from the Parks and Disney Springs.
-Port Orleans Resorts (French Quarter and Riverside) Travel by your personal vehicle, Boat from Disney Springs, or catch a Bus from the Parks.
-Caribbean Beach Resort. Travel by your personal vehicle, Skyliner from EPCOT or Hollywood Studios, or catch a Bus from the Parks and Disney Springs.