Copycat Gluten Free and Allergy Friendly Mickey Waffles at Home

Save this post for later

If there’s one thing that 95% of the people can agree on, it’s Mickey Waffles! While the other 5% don’t know what they’re missing, those of us that do enjoy Mickey Waffles know that they are a fun and delicious treat. 

And we’re all about serving up some allergy friendly eats here- in fact- that’s our speciality! 

Anyways- back to these waffles. It’s like a cult following, with tshirts and merch themed after our delicious eats. What better way to get your Disney Waffle Fix than with waffles at home!?

It’s one of those one to one treats that soooo many people can enjoy! From those with lifestyle choices like vegans and vegetarians, to those of us with food allergies that need to follow strict guidelines like being gluten free or plant based. Mickey Waffles bring us all together!!! 

This article contains affiliate links- find more about those here

How to make Disney Copycat Allergy Friendly and Gluten Free Waffles at Home

First up- we need the waffle iron. Now, Mickey Waffle Irons at Disney World are commercial grade and made by Golden Malted. BUT Disney does have two DIY irons on the market for those of us looking to indulge from home (can we just fedex some waffles? Is that even a thing? I live for the day I can order Mickey Waffles on Uber Eats) 

The Budget-Friendly Mickey Waffles is this one, but if you want the exact size and shape that they have at the resort, this nifty iron is gonna be your new BFF. 

I went ahead and grabbed this larger one, while it is more expensive, I wanted the waffles that they make at Disney (they are smaller and more waffle shaped, less like a pancake!) The other thing about this iron is that I can quickly make up 30 something waffles in less than 15 minutes. This is great for my hungry kiddos, and perfect for meal prepping.

SO- we’ve got the iron (and really- sometimes the mix is all you need for some of those delicious gluten free and top 8 safe waffles, so feel empowered using the mixes below to make some regular shaped allergy friendly waffles at home!) 

Mickey Mouse Waffles

Here’s the mixes used at Disney World.

My favorite part! Disney uses a variety of mixes. Not every place carries the same mix!

The Traditional Regular Gluten Full mix is by Golden Malted. It is just straight Golden Malted Waffle Mix. You can get it online and it’s the real deal!

Then, Golden Malted also makes a Gluten Free Version- Golden Malted Gluten Free. This is also the one they use for other lifestyle needs like vegan and vegetarian and it is made with soy flour. Some folks in the gluten free community avoid this as it’s made on shared lines.

Lastly, Golden Malted made a NEW Allergy Mix that Disney Currently uses in 2023, But that’s not available online.

The next mix they use that’s common at the resorts especially, is the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour. 

Lastly, we’ve got top 8 certified (so gluten free, dairy free, soy free, peanut free, treenut free, fish and shellfish free and egg free) Namaste Waffle Mix. This is the mix they used before the 2020 closure, and I haven’t seen it in the parks since then. You can read all about Allergy Friendly Mickey Waffles inside Disney World here.

Technically- there’s a fifth mix. The wonderful chefs at Chef Mickey have created their own allergy friendly mix (And you can’t buy that, I’ve tried several times). It’s by Bloomfield Farms, and it’s no longer carried by Disney.

Quick Reference Waffle List

Certified top 8 = Namaste Mix

Wheat Free = Golden Malted Gluten Free, Bob’s Red Mill, Namaste 

Dairy Free = Golden Malted Gluten Free, Bob’s Red Mill, Namaste 

Soy Free = Golden Malted, Bob’s Red Mill, Namaste 

Egg = all call for egg, but non have egg in the ingredients

Corn = all have corn 

Peanut free, treenut free, fish free, shellfish free = Golden Malted, Golden Malted GF, Bob’s Red Mill, Namaste 

Waffles? Yes please

I think that’s the thing I totally love about the waffles- for many, it’s a way to feel normal and get to eat what everyone else is eating! 

The results

So yeah… you get your waffle iron of choice, you get your mix of choice and then VOILA!

Mickey Waffles in the houuzzzz

Going to Disney World soon and want some waffles? 

Here’s all of the places you can find Gluten Free Mickey Waffles , and then all of the locations and options for Allergy Friendly (all top 8 allergens)

Breakfast is pretty hard IN the parks with food allergies- so check your resorts for waffles options

Save this post for later

Leave a Comment