One of the most popular EPCOT Festivals is back again with more delicious eats, fun entertainment and delightful springtime views.
The Festival runs from March 1 to July 5, 2023, and features food, concerts, topiaries, scavenger hunts and more! We do have new allergy procedures that I’ll link here if you are curious how they manage food restrictions. The Festival does not require an additional ticket, as your EPCOT ticket provides all of the Entertainment. The Booths are an additional food fee, with most items costing from 5-10 dollars for a small sample serving size.
See Gluten Free Flower and Garden 2023 for *just* the Gluten Friendly Options.
***As Always, please speak to a qualified restaurant employee when ordering food. In order to see the most accurate ingredients and risk assessment, you will need to confirm allergy safety in real-time. This is my personal experience, I am not employed or endorsed by companies or brands mentioned.***
Examples of what to Expect for Food Allergies at Flower and Garden 2023
Not too long ago, Festivals were totally off limits for us, but the team at EPCOT has done an incredible job at making this safe for us!
While there are a few items that are exposed to Cross Contact, these are recognized terms that Disney understands and can disclose when you ask.
Always go based on your comfort level (I definitely prefer lower lines and being able to watch my food being made) after speaking with a Coordinator or Chef.
When you get to the Booth, let them know you have an Allergy, and they can call the Chef to Confirm over the phone, or you can ask for a Food and Beverage Leader to meet with you (could be up to a 30 minute wait).
There are NO Binders or Ingredient sheets at Disney Owned Booths, and there is *sometimes* a binder or ingredient sheet at the Third Party Booths.
The Third Party Booths are France, Japan, Italy, China and Mexico.
Booths that Contain Nuts (and the ones that don’t) based on the Menus/info from Chefs
|Contains Nuts:||Nuts not listed on Menu|
|EPCOT Farmers Feast||BRUNCHCOT|
|The Citrus Blossom||Florida Fresh (only coconut)|
|La Isla Fresca||Refreshment Outpost|
|Refreshment Port||BAUERNMARKT: FARMER’S MARKET (coconut)|
|Primavera Kitchen||Magnolia Terrace (has treenuts)|
|Hanami||Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina (has treenuts)|
|Fleur de Lys||Northern Bloom|
|The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board (some items have cross contact for nuts)|
|Jardin de Fiestas|
Allergy Details for booth options at EPCOT’s International Flower and Garden Festival
This is a first look at the Festival hasn’t opened yet, but opening day I’ll be there asking about allergens and updating this guide!
Not interested in the booths (or need a full meal?). The EPCOT gluten free guide is just what you need! Want to see all the items available without Allergy Details? Here’s the full regular Disney Foodie guide for 2023 Flower and Garden.
The top 8 allergens as recognized by Disney are: Wheat/Gluten (mixed together, ask in person for specifics!), Dairy/Milk, Soy (typically soy protein, sometimes leaves out lethicin and oil from menus), Egg, Peanut/Treenut (mixed together, ask in person for specifics!), Fish/Shellfish (mixed together, ask in person for specifics!). As of 2023, they are adding Sesame to new menus and menu updates.
This year I asked about Sesame, and I’m including Corn where available (but corn starch is heavily used to make items Gluten Friendly- so there is a lot of corn!)
EPCOT Farmers Feast (Near Test Track presented by Chevrolet)
Early Bloom Menu (Available March 1 through April 8)
- Chilled Potato and Leek Soup “Vichyssoise” with bacon lardons, potato croutons, chive oil, and crispy leeks. Only Contains Dairy.
Summer Solstice Menu (Available May 20 through July 5)
- Barbecued Seared Pork Tenderloin with summer succotash, herb butter, and grapefruit vinaigrette (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) Likely Soy Friendly, Egg Friendly, Peanut/Tree Nut Friendly, Sesame Friendly,
Florida Fresh (Near Disney Traders)
Note: Previously these were Gluten Friendly and I expect them to be this year (they used Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free Earth Balance Spread last year with seasonings). Likely something that can be modified.
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with savory garlic spread and spicy corn chips (New) (Plant-based) (Garden Graze). Contains Soy and Corn. (Not Sure on Soy)
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with savory garlic spread and plant-based cotija cheese (Plant-based) (Garden Graze) Contains Soy and Corn.
- Blackened Fish Slider contains Gluten, Dairy, Soy oil, Egg, Fish and Corn.
- Watermelon Salad contains Coconut (can mod)
- Florida Strawberry Shortcake contains Gluten and Dairy.
The Citrus Blossom (Odyssey Building)
Citrus Baked Brie contains Gluten/wheat, Dairy, Soy, Egg, Tree Nuts and Corn. Can modify the nuts.
- Pineapple Skewer with Tajin seasoning (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (Garden Graze) Top 8 Friendly.
- Tangerine Soft-serve (Modified Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) Contains Dairy.
Pineapple Promenade (Near Port of Entry)
- DOLE Whip (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly). Contains Coconut, Friendly for all other top allergens.
The Land Cart hosted by AdventHealth
- Fruit and Cheese Plate: Grapes, strawberries, cheddar, and Mini Babybel Snack Cheese. Wheat Friendly, Soy Friendly, Egg Friendly, Peanut/Tree Nut Friendly, Sesame Friendly,
Northern Bloom (Canada)
- Seared Scallops with French green beans, butter potatoes, brown butter vinaigrette, and Nueske’s Applewood-smoked Bacon (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Beef Tenderloin Tips, mushroom bordelaise sauce, and whipped potatoes with garden vegetables Modified Gluten/Wheat Friendly, Soy Friendly, Modified Dairy Friendly, Egg Friendly, Peanut/Tree Nut Friendly, Sesame Friendly
**** AND Glutenberg Blonde Ale, Montreal which is a Gluten Free Beer on tap.
Fleur De Lys (France)
Shared Equipment for all allergens.
No info on Sesame or Corn, all items are Fish and Shellfish Friendly. The Goat Cheese Croissant down not have Soy or Nuts, but does have Wheat, Dairy and Egg.
La Isla Fresca (near France and Morocco)
- Braised Oxtail contains Coconut, Sesame and Corn.
- Sugar Cane Shrimp contains Dairy, Shellfish and Corn.
- Coconut Tres Leches contains Wheat/Gluten, Soy and Tree Nuts
Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)
- Hummus Trio has Gluten/Wheat (may be able to modify that), Tree Nuts and Sesame
- Orange Blossom Saffron Cake has all common allergens.
- Frushi: Strawberry, pineapple, and lychee wrapped in sweet rice and pink soy wrap served with whipped cream, drizzled raspberry sauce, and toasted coconut.
Last year this was coconut, soy and corn (plus the plant based whipped topping lists a less than 1% casein derivative. You can remove this!) The whipped cream likely has Dairy and can be modified to remove.Contains Dairy in whipped cream (can modify), Soy and Coconut.
- Hanami Sushi contains Wheat, Soy, Fish and Sesame.
- Creamy Udon contains Wheat, Dairy, Soy, Egg, Fish, Shellfish and Corn.
Magnolia Terrace (America)
- Spicy Chicken Gumbo contains Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Fish and Corn.
- Banana Foster Bread Pudding contains Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Egg, Tree Nuts and Corn.
Funnel Cake contains Wheat, Dairy, Soy and Egg. Shared Facility with Nuts. No Sesame or Corn Info.
Primavera Kitchen in Italy
- Tortelloni Primavera contains Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Corn can modify.
- Caesar Shrimp contains Gluten, Dairy, Soy oil, Egg and Shellfish can modify.
- Budino Alle Nocciol contains Gluten, Dairy, Soy lethicin, HFCS/Food starch (without labeling). Cannot Modify.
BAUERNMARKT: FARMER’S MARKET (Germany)
Last year these were made with Just Egg, which contains Soy Lethicin. They had no other top allergens on the Potato Apple Pancakes, and can Modified Dairy Friendly for the Potato with Ham.
- Potato Pancakes with house-made apple sauce (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (Plant-based) (Garden Graze) Only top allergen is Soy Lecithin.
- Potato Pancake with caramelized ham, onions, and herb sour cream. Only top allergen is Soy Lecithin and Coconut.
Jardin de Fiestas (Mexico)
- Quesadilla de Flor de Calabaza: House-made masa tortillas with squash blossoms, bacon, onion, zucchini, and cheese (New) (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) No Gluten/Wheat, No Soy, No Egg, No Peanut, No Tree Nut. Yes Dairy (no mods). Didn’t have sesame info.
- Taco Vampiro: Barbacoa Beef in a Corn Tortilla with crispy grilled monterey jack cheese, salsa ranchera, and esquites (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) No Gluten/Wheat, No Soy, No Egg, No Peanut, No Tree Nut. Yes Dairy (no mods). Didn’t have sesame info.
That’s all for Allergy Friendly Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT
Next up, we’ve got the Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, again starting in July! Food and Wine is similar to Flower and Garden in that it draws a large crowd, and I’m looking forward to it (and hoping we get some fun dessert options!)
Everyone should eat well on vacation! Learn more common questions and concerns in the Food Allergy FAQ or the Gluten Free Disney FAQ.
Plus the latest Disney News when it comes to Food Restrictions, eats, and offerings. Connect with the MouseEarMemory Allergy Community at the socials listed below or @Mouse.Ear.Memories